Some of the most common reasons contractors tell me they don’t offer financing is…
- My customers don’t need or ask for it
- It’s too complicated
- It costs me money
Sorry, but all those “reasons” are big, steamy piles of… you know.
Let me squash each of these lame objections like the annoying little bugs they are.
Objection #1: “My Customers Don’t Need/Ask For Financing.”
Just because your customers don’t ask for financing doesn’t mean they don’t want it.
I mean, how is this even a real reason? What homeowner WOULDN’T want multiple options to pay for their project?
Even if some of your customers don’t want financing, so what? While THAT customer may not want financing, I guarantee some of your customers would jump at the chance for low monthly payments instead of footing the entire bill when the project is done.
But if you don’t offer, you’ll never know. And you’ll never reap the HUGE financial benefits financing provides (more on that in a second).
Objection #2: “Financing Is Too Complicated.”
I get this one. A lot of finance companies make the process a pain with loads of paperwork, restrictions, delayed payments, and an agonizingly long approval process.
Here’s what I say about those financing companies: Forget them. All of them. Your life is complicated enough. You don’t need one more thing to worry about.
That’s why I throw all of my support behind the GreenSky® Program.*
The folks at the GreenSky® Program saw contractors were having a heck of a time with other financing companies. So they simplified the entire process and made it ridiculously easy (and lucrative).
No cumbersome paperwork—everything is done digitally. No waiting—your customers get approved in seconds, and you get money in your account the next day. No dealing with ornery, unhelpful service reps—your account is managed by friendly, helpful experts.
Yeah, financing can be complicated. But financing with the GreenSky Program is not.
Objection #3: “Financing Costs Me Money.”
I already covered this in an earlier post, but it bears repeating. Offering payment options to your customers can and WILL increase your revenue.
Studies show that people spend more when they can pay in monthly installments. And the better the financing terms, the more they’ll spend. This allows you to effortlessly upsell on every financed project and substantially increase your revenue.
It’s simple math: The small fees you pay for financing are a drop in the bucket to how much more money you’ll be earning.
If You Already Offer Financing…
If you already offer financing and are reading this anyway (you rebel!), switching to the GreenSky Program is essential to not only closing more jobs, but also closing them at higher prices.
Here’s why I can confidently say—without even knowing who your finance provider is—that you’ll attain better results with the GreenSky Program:
- Decisions in seconds: After your customer applies via website, phone, or the mobile app, they receive a credit decision within seconds.
- Get paid within 24 hours: You can get 20% up to 50% upfront funding within one business day. (Good luck finding another company that does this.)
- No paperwork: No need to fill out stacks of annoying, cumbersome paperwork—everything is done digitally (and safely backed up).
- No nickel and diming: Unlike other companies, the GreenSky Program requires no enrollment fee and charges only a nominal fee per transaction. The money goes where it should—in your pocket!
- Leading finance provider in home improvement: The GreenSky Program has over 11,000 merchants and 500,000 consumer loans across a wide range of categories, including interior remodeling, exterior remodeling, roofing, and HVAC.
This all adds up to an experience where both you and your customer can focus on the job, not the financing.
For more info on the business-boosting benefits of the GreenSky Program, visit the official MYM GreenSky page.
You can thank me later. 😉
P.S. GreenSky has happily agreed to “roll out the red carpet” for MYM readers. When you fill out the form on the MYM GreenSky page, you’ll get exclusive benefits like…
- Dedicated account management by your own personal GreenSky representative
- Daily reporting to identify how to get most value from your accounts
- Detail-level finance sales training and program launch training
- New employee training
- Educational opportunities at NARI events and access to ongoing GreenSky research
But you only get this royal treatment when you contact the GreenSky Program through the form on this page. So get to it!
*All financing is subject to credit approval and credit qualification. Financing for GreenSky® consumer credit programs is provided by federally insured, federal and state-chartered financial institutions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex or familial status.
© 2017, Rich Harshaw. All rights reserved.