New Move-Ins Spend Tons Of Money On Remodeling Services…
How To Get Your Share Of The Pie.
By Rich Harshaw
“Because that’s where the money is.”
That’s the famous answer prolific bank robber Willie Sutton gave when asked why he robbed banks.
Then, he added, “It couldn’t be more obvious. Go where the money is, and go there often.”
When it comes to direct mail marketing for contractors, it’s pretty obvious where the money is: NEW MOVE-INS.
Just look at the data. According to Scarborough report released in 2012, new homeowners are more likely than established homeowners (those who have lived in their home for over three years) to spend on the following items for their new home:
- 53% more likely to repair or replace flooring
- 47% more likely to add or replace heating and cooling systems
- 47% more likely to have the interior of their home painted
- 45% more likely to remodel the home’s kitchen
- 34% more likely to replace siding
- 33% more likely to add on to the home
- 32% more likely to remodel the bathroom
- 29% more likely to replace windows
- 24% more likely to upgrade the home’s exterior
- 14% more likely to repair or replace the roof
It only makes sense, right? When people buy an existing home, they’re not always going to be crazy about the condition, the colors, the design, or the look. That’s when the checkbook comes out and the spending starts.
And that’s where you come in.